Saturday, March 15, 2008

Adios Miami

Because of all the freakish winter weather we have had here as of late, I lost time from busted trips. I put myself on the make up list last weekend and was fortunate enough to get the two day Miami trip on the 777. It's delightfully easy, with one leg to Miami, long layover, and one leg home. The sad fact is that this will most likely be the last one I get to do, since the aircraft is being redeployed for new Moscow service this spring and it is going off the bid-sheet at the end of this month.

The trip was enjoyable mainly because a bunch of my friends were flying it. I also got to fly with this gal named Pat, who I had not flown with in like 8 years (the last time was when we were MIA based and I had brought my friend Michael on a Toronto layover for his "Bachelor's" trip the weekend before he got married.

We got to Miami and did our usual "de-brief" at the hotel. Our captain for the trip, John, was also married to one of the flight attendants and he went across the street and got us a couple of pizzas and we sat around and drank and chatted well into the night.
I lucked out with a poolside room, which is kind of rare. I did get a final shot for posterity.
I slept in later than usual since we "sprang forward that night" but still had time for a work out and then went across the street for my usual bagel sandwich at the NYBD (New York Bagel Deli) before pick up.

I will miss the 777 Miami trip, but am glad I got one more in before it goes away for good.

Farewell my friend. (tear)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man O Man. Getting paid to go on a minivacation in Miami. What a life!!! I'm sooo jealous.
jfap