Thursday, August 21, 2008

Don't Cry For Me..... Argentina

In the tradition of titling my posts after songs, I thought it was only appropriate to use the famous song from Evita for my trip to Buenos Aires. I really don't have much to post, because the trip is so short, all I did was sleep. We flew 11 hours all night to Buenos Aires, arriving the next morning. There was a pretty grumpy German passenger who was upset about sitting next to a woman with a baby. Whenever we tried to help him, he just started yelling about how no one wants to help him. Then about halfway thru the flight we became very nice. Maybe crossing the equator did something to him, since everything is opposite in the Southern Hemisphere.

I slept most of the day, then went to work out (I am on a health kick since my uniform pants no longer fit me.... down 7 pounds so far!) before flying back out that night. You really have to get your sleep on a 10 hour layover when you have that much flying.

Given that it was a Sunday, there was nothing open. I will be there again on Monday so hopefully I will have some time to explore in the afternoon.

The 11 hour flight home was ok, but we managed to hit some pretty nasty turbulence over the Andes and were really rockin' and rollin' for a while. My aisle partner Kristi had just come back to work after being off for three years with cancer, so it was quite a big deal, and the crew was very happy she was back.

No comments: