Monday, November 30, 2009

Domestic November

For the month of November, I bumped back to domestic flying. I did so with the intention of getting a great line with a long Tampa layover on the 26th or even getting a line that had the whole day of the 26th off. HOWEVER, in the rush to put my bids in, I selected line 164, when I really wanted line 165. Well, bid awards come out and I get my first choice, 164, which was a line I did not even want.

But hey, I can do anything for a month, so I tried to focus on the positive. I had some great longer layovers in places I had not been in a while, so that would be fun. I had a longer Denver layover, where I get to see my friend Wendy. I think the last time I saw her I was in the 8th grade. I got to visit my favorite steakhouse in Mexico City, el Fogoncito. And I got to have a 30 hour layover in Charlotte when I got to visit with my friend Tina, a pal from college.

We lay over in downtown Charlotte, right in the area where she works. We met up for a nice lunch and then that evening, we went with her boyfriend and some other friends to watch the Charlotte Checkers play. When she emailed me originally and told me we were going to a Checkers game, I thought she was talking about a checkers game. A little interweb research and I learned it was minor league hockey.


The Checkers won 7 to 1 that evening against the #1 ranked South Carolina Stingrays. Quite an upset.


As we were leaving the area, I got my picture taken with one of the ice dancers.... they are called Check Mates.


Next month it is back to International flying. Mostly turnarounds to Belize, along with a Paris trip over Christmas.

1 comment:

Char said...

OMG! I thought that was your sister! So did Pa! We were trying to figure out how and when you got her on that trip!

Love,
Guess Who?