Monday, December 27, 2010

November in a Nutshell


A little behind on my blogging as the madness of the holidays made it hard to keep up with posting.  November was a good month for me time wise, managing to get a little overtime in, flying some decent trips, and even having Thanksgiving off for the first time in a long while.

I enjoyed a nice layover with my friends Ramiro and Tom in Madrid.  We had a nice time walking around the city.  I am not sure if the picture will be understandable, but when we first went out, there were these crazy girls juggling bowling pins while cars were stopped at red lights at major intersections.


We paid our obligatory visit to the Museo de Jamon, mainly for cheap beer and tapas (where else can you eat and drink for a euro?).




Tom and I tried to get Ramiro to buy some "different" underwear that we saw in a lingerie shop, but he declined.  A little too much for the old guy I guess.


Dinner was a bit of a let down.  We went to Plateros, a crew favorite, but it must have been a off night, as the food was a bit sub par.  We had a nice surprise on the way home though because we went from being oversold to going out with half the seats empty because of morning fog that caused a majority of the connecting passengers to misconnect.  


I had a few Hawaii trips, with nothing special going on during those trips, except a smart-allecky purser on one and a bossy aisle flight attendant on the other who would not tell me how she wanted me to set up her carts ( I was the galley), but then complained about how she didn't like the way I did it.

I was lucky to score another trip to Japan, getting it off our Option II list, (overtime).  You could have knocked me over with a feather when they called to offer it since those types of trips don't normally make it to my seniority.  Too bad it rained the whole time I was there.  We did get to help Donny, one of the crew, celebrate her 60th birthday on the way over!  At least there was no earthquakes this time.  It was the longer trip, so I was able to catch up on sleep. 


The end of the month was a first time trip to Turks and Caicos, a resort located to the east of the Bahamas.  My friend Catherine was the purser, so we got to spend a little time on the tarmac, but that was it since the turn time was less than an hour.



The next day was a turn to Nassau, again on the dirty thirty.  I snapped a nice addition to my "Around the World With My Feet" collection and also a lovely picture of my two pretty co-workers, Wendy and Mary Beth.



No comments: