Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bajan Style!

I picked up a quick two day trip from a friend this month.  One leg to Barbados, one leg home.  I love the layover in Barbados.  There is just something about the laid back Bajan lifestyle.  A couple of summers ago we had 30 hour layovers, but now it's just a short overnight.

When we checked in, we were all given suites.  Probably because we would only be occupying the rooms for a short overnight.  I had a big comfortable bed and a jacuzzi in the bathroom!



By the time we got the hotel it was about 8:30pm.  I changed clothes and headed across the street to "Just Grillin'", an outdoor restaurant I used to eat at when we had the long layovers.  I ordered a Jerk Chicken salad and then went back to the hotel to meet up with the rest of the crew.  We all sat out by the swimming pool.  There was a wedding adjacent to the pool area, so we enjoyed listening to the music.  We all got free drink coupons, but it's still Lent, so I am not drinking.  I gave mine to my friend Moa, so he could enjoy an extra rum punch.

In the morning, I snatched a few photos from my balcony of the pool area and the ocean.


No comments: