Wednesday, July 13, 2011

4th of July Surprise

Anytime there is a major holiday, you can pretty much guarantee that I will be in the air somewhere.  This 4th of July was no different.  I left the night of the 3rd for Buenos Aires, Argentina.  I am not generally a fan of this trip.  It's a long flight for the equipment that my company puts on that run, the drive downtown takes forever, and it's a short layover during the day and then back to the airport the same night.  But it's worth almost 22 hours and you're not even gone two full days.

I had a nice group of coworkers though.  My friend Melissa was onboard, and I always enjoy working with her (she is the one I play the green liquor seal game with... see the last part of the entry for December Recap).

When we arrived at the hotel, we had a little invite attached to the back of our room keys.  Our pick up was at 7:30 so we were excited about coming down for some light snacks.


Imagine our surprise when we found out it was a full buffet!  I had a nice cut of steak, a jacket potato, some corn, salad and a slice of New York Cheesecake!  They had wine as well, but we all had to pass on it as were flying that night.


For the record, the captain just has water in his glass.


So stuffed and happy, we made our way back to Ezeiza Airport for the flight home.  The place is crazy and crowded at the late hour as all the departures to North America leave at roughly the same time.

We were full and had a group of college aged girls who were down in South America on a Choir tour.  They were so incredibly high maintenance!  I had one "Diva in Training" who started to cry when I asked her if she wanted "Chicken or Beef?" because she was so uncomfortable with the dry air in the cabin and she was upset about the potential damage this was going to have on her wonderful voice.  Give me a break!  One of the chaperone's was hitting the wine pretty hard, but after spending a few weeks with this group of gals, I understand why!  The climax of the night was when one of the chaperone's, suffering from food poisoning and dehydration decided to come back and faint in the galley, banging her head on a cart latch on the way down.  Thankfully we had a Doctor onboard.  These girls wore me out!!!!


No comments: