Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Beach Week

Just in time for the cold weather, I had a week of fun in the sun.  My week began with a trip that had a long layover in St. Croix, in the U.S. Virgin Islands.  I had never been there before.  It was a beautiful island and our hotel was right on the beach.  I had a wonderful view while I was eating breakfast!


The layover was long enough to allow me a chance to walk around the property and enjoy some of the warm weather.

We spent the second night in Miami and while I was on that layover, I was able to pick up a Maui trip for later in the week.  The week started at one beach and ended 5,900 miles away at another.


In Maui, I was lucky enough to connect with some of my frequent travelers that I have had on my previous Maui flights.  A while back I had a nice lady named Lisa and her partner Debbie on my flight.  While chatting, Lisa and I discovered that we were both big Words With Friends addicts, so we started playing Scrabble together.  Lisa always said to let them know when I would be back on the Island and they would show me around.  When I told her I was coming, they immediately offered to come and take me to dinner, as their guest.  We went to Mama's Fish House, probably the nicest restaurant on Maui. I had Ahi Steak for dinner that was out of this world!

So while everyone was freezing in the colder weather at home, I was enjoying some warmer climes and getting to know new friends!

No comments: