Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Best Venezuelan Sandwich Shop in Puerto Rico!

Always on the lookout for great places to eat, my crew and I discovered a great little "hole in the wall" place in the Isla Verde section of San Juan.

The restaurant is called Arepas Venezolanas, and it's more of a walk up hut.  Their arepas are deep fried bread and then filled with the shredded meat of your choice and topped with shredded cheese.  You top it with a variety of sauces, but I chose the creamy cilantro!

Here's a shot of my friends Michelle and Maureen as they dig in.... and of course it's better washed down with a Medalla (the local beer) but I quit drinking for Lent so I will have to wait until Easter.


Michelle also introduced us to "Gasolina" a sort of adult Capri Sun.  I bought a 5 pack in Duty Free the next day to try after Lent.

No comments: