Monday, August 26, 2013

Farewell

A week ago today, my good friend and traveling companion, Stu, lost his battle with cancer.  He and his wife Marty have been my good friends for over a decade and we enjoyed traveling the world together.  In 2008 we explored Cambodia and Malaysia.  In 2009, we went to Egypt and Jordan.  In 2011, we went to Iceland. 

Stu lived a unique and full life.  He started as a Flight Attendant in 1976 and after 10 years, left to pursue his doctorate in Geology.  He managed to see the good in most people, something I know I could learn to do a little better, and everyone who met him had nothing but nice things to say about him.

My trips with Stu and Marty will forever be some of my most treasured memories.  In honor of Stu, I thought I would post some photos from our travels over the years.











































No comments: