Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thongs

The other day I was going to Atlanta and I was flying the #1 position, which works in First Class. We are full and late because of some severe weather from earlier in the day and everyone is anxious to get going. The agent is getting ready to close the door and this young girl, (I'm guessing mid-20s) comes up with a HUGE roller board suitcase. She has unzipped the extended part of the bag so that it is just bursting and as a result it will not fit in the overhead bin.

We explain that she will need to check her bag and the agent explains that because it is at departure time, it will have to go on the next flight. The young girl proceeds to have a temper tantrum right in the galley, so I tell the agent to just go ahead and close the door and we'll help her take some stuff out of the suitcase and get it to fit.

I hand the passenger one of our trash bags that we use for picking up after the service and tell her we need to take as much out of her bag as possible and place it in the trash bag. Once we reduce the volume of her bag, we can zip up the extended part and it should fit just fine. Of course she proceeded to tell me that it fits just fine the way it is on Air Tran, and I rather quickly replied without thinking that this is NOT Air Tran. I was doing my best to help her and she was being obnoxious.

So we open up her bag and it is literally filled with what must be a hundred pieces of thong underwear. I'm talkin' every color imaginable! So she transfers as much of her thong underwear into the trash bag and as she gets up to go back with her luggage, she leans over to pick up her stuff and I get a view of her butt crack. The chic is wearing NO underwear.

I'm guessing she doesn't like to wear it, but just lugs it around the country in overstuffed suitcases.

Go figure!

No comments: