Monday, June 30, 2008

O-town

No... not the short lived boy band from days of yore... My slang for Orlando. I am a native Floridian so I am allowed to call it that. I ended up with a reserve trip that had a decent layover in the land of Disney.

It was actually a trip out of the MIA/FLL domicile, so I had to deadhead into Fort. Lauderdale to start the trip. I was a little miffed because I put myself on the standby list for a seat in First, and when you are traveling on company business you are supposed to get priority over Non-Rev passengers, but in the end, the agents put a Non-Rev in the last seat in First. I did get to sit in an aisle seat but I was next to these two 16 year old kids.

This was strange.... they were a couple and their parents were letting them vacation together in Puerto Rico together. What kind of parents would do that? They were all over each other the whole flight. I was thinking they should have fashioned a cover out of the the blankets for a little privacy. People want to join the Mile High Club anyway they can I guess. I think with a little more privacy, they would have.

I ended up meeting up with my friend Janet when I got to Orlando. We used to work together at The Disney Store when she lived back in Texas. She and her husband moved to Florida a couple of years ago. She drove in and we had lunch together at Bennigan's. It was fun to sit and catch up about the "old days".


This reserve month is wrapping up. It wasn't too exciting, hence the shortage of posts. I have to serve another reserve rotation next month, but I will start flying International on July 2, so hopefully I will get some more exotic locales.

No comments: