Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Round One: Ron -1, Armadillo -0

I finally managed to catch the elusive armadillo that has been tearing up my backyard. I had given up home really, but left my live trap up against the fence anyway. This morning at 7am, I went let Gretchen out and I saw the trap had closed and sure enough there was an armadillo sitting inside.

I called Animal Control but they don't open until 8:30am, so I took matters into my own hand and took care of the relocation myself. Gretchen and I loaded the armadillo into the trunk. I drove about 5 miles away to a park that borders a wooded area, and I let the little guy run free. I hope he is happy. He has access to the woods, a field, and a lake. What more could an armadillo want?

I have a feeling, I will always have a problem with these critters, but at least I managed to take care of the problem, if only temporarily.

No comments: