Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dreary Londontown

I was a little short on hours for the month of September, so when I woke up on Monday, I checked the computer and sure enough there was a gal dropping her London trip, so I quick picked it up.

I had gotten this awesome set of "50 London Walking Tours" from Ladyfriend for my birthday and I had planned to do a few of them on the layover.

So much for my plans, as it was a crappy day. It was rainy, cold, and overcast. Not really a good time. I ended up sleeping a little longer when we arrived that morning, so around 3pm, I finally got up and went to run some errands. Hunter and Terry, two guys in my card group, swear by this stuff called Remegel, a chewy antacid that is only available from Boots, a UK pharmacy chain. The nearby store only had 6 packages of Remegel and I made the cashier look in the back for more. She asked me, "How bad is your heart burn?" but I explained it was for some friends who cannot handle anything creative when it comes to food and this is the only thing that works for them.

I stopped at Waitrose for some take away and dodged the raindrops back to the hotel. After watching Sister Act on the BBC, I took an ambien and off I went to slumber land. I woke up around 6:30am and went and did a quick work out before our pickup.

The flight home was about 10.5 hours, and of course I got stuck with first break, so I did not get a chance to sleep, but just laid there and listened to my iPod. The crew was great. I was working in Business Class on this trip, and we all worked well together. They were all pretty senior, but they took me under their wing, so to speak.


Customs was a little concerned with all the antacid I was bringing in, but they eventually let me into the country. Nice to know the DHS is on their toes I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, the "big girl trip"! Your favorite kind of trip.
I miss you, but this is a great way to catch up on your adventures.