Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Last Minute Tampa Fun

I found myself on a last minute trip to Tampa recently. It was nice because we got to spend more than just a quick overnight there, so I managed a short visit with some friends. I had brunch with my friend Jonathan and his wife Wendy and our friend Brenda, and then later met up with my friend Carla who is now back in the states after living in Scotland and Malaysia for several years. I went with her and her husband Steven out to see our friend Bruce and his wife Jen and their kids. Of course we went to the Outback for dinner (Carla lives for it.... so much that a few years ago when I was touring with her and Steven in Singapore, we passed one and she made the cab driver make a big U-turn and the next thing I know we are having lunch there).

It's always great to catch up with friends. Bruce was getting ready to go on a business trip to Europe and I had hoped to tag along, but I had a four day trip to El Salvador so it wasn't mean to be.

No comments: