Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My "Trip" in London

Because of the weather that we had here earlier in the month, I had lost some time, so I picked up an extra London trip this past weekend. It was a Sunday layover, so there is not a lot open, but it was still nice to get away from the oppressive Texas heat (although it was funny that the news in London was calling their weather in the 80's a heatwave!)

When we arrived on Sunday, we parked right next to an Iran Air aging 747.
My co-worker Mary and I left the hotel around 4:30 with intentions of heading to the park, but we stopped at a pub on the way, The Gloucester Arms, and ended up having a beer there instead.
We met up with some other co-workers at 6:30pm and made our way to another pub called Churchill Arms, which is also the location of a great Thai Restaurant.
After dinner, we enjoyed the wonderful weather and made our way back to the hotel. I came across a rather amusing street sign on the way. The Captain thought he knew a shortcut, which proved to be a longcut (typical).
I made time for a morning workout the next day and then we headed back to the airport for our flight home. As we were boarding, we learned our plane was being taken out of service with a mechanical problem. We thought we were going to get another day to layover, but they found us another plane, so we were about two hours late. Right after take off, as we were beginning the first beverage service, I was pulling the cart and I tripped over a bag that a passenger left in the aisle and fell and landed right on my tailbone. When will people learn to keep those aisles clear!!!??

1 comment:

CarolGene said...

Carl Hadra was your co-pilot ?? One of the nicest crew members I ever flew with.........next to you of course. Always wonderful to read your trip reports.