Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Adventures of Flat Stanley

I am spending the month of February with Flat Stanley.  I'm doing it for Tristan, the son of my high school friend Vanessa, as part of a project with his school.  The story goes that Flat Stanley got flattened by a bulletin board and so he goes off to have adventures.

Our first stop was Montreal.  While it was a short layover, I did get a picture with Stanley and a UN Peace Keeper named Denis.  He was on his way to Haiti.





Stanley also got his chance at HAM Radio operation at my friend Mark's house.  Don't tell anyone though because Stanley hasn't gotten his radio license yet.








My annual Valentine's date with Ladyfriend is at a local Japanese restaurant and found Flat Stanley as the third wheel, but he did enjoy the hibachi.


Back to work, our next stop was Calgary, Canada.  The customs officer was kind enough to put an entry stamp on his back so he was "legal".


Stanley also got a few lessons in flight from some of my airline's finest flyers.  He's now checked out as a First Officer on the MD80.



Let's not underestimate the importance of the cabin crew (not that I am biased or anything).  The girls on my trip were happy to teach Stanley about some of the emergency equipment and how it works.


The end of the trip had a quick turn into and out of San Diego.  Believe it or not, the freakin' airport doesn't have a "Welcome to San Diego" sign, so I had to make do with a gift shop sign.


More adventures next week!

No comments: