Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fort Misery and Gospel Music

I'm back to domestic for the month of February.  My first trip of the month was an easy three day with a long layover in Ft. Misery the second night.  Really it's called Ft. Meyers.  I call it Ft. Misery because my dad's late co-worker and friend Jerry Johnson, who was from there, called it Ft. Misery.  After drama on the first day going to New York and back (I got embroiled in an incident with a passenger over bottled water) I was looking forward to a fun layover in Ft. Meyers.  My friend Jessica was on the trip with me.  The last time we flew together was a year and a half ago.  Two years ago we flew a trip to Vegas that was full of drama and tall people (http://ronno1976.blogspot.com/2007/11/viva-las-vegas-leaving-las-vegas.html ).

We had to get up so early after the first layover that by the time we got to Ft. Meyers I was cranky and tired.  Plus it was raining so there was not much you could do as everything involved walking around outside.  I decided to take a nap so Jess, our co-worker Mary, and I, all agreed to regroup a couple of hours later.  I had brought along a bottle of Yellow Tail so we all met up in Jess' room to watch Maury Povich and drink wine.  It was one of those priceless episodes where we find out paternity results for various children.

At 5pm, the hotel offers a Manager's Reception on their Club Level.  So we made our way up there for snacks and drinks.  The meatballs down at the end looked good, but later on did not agree with me so much.


After our snacks, I walked with Jess over to Walgreens.  She and her husband are hoping to have another baby so she wanted to purchase a pregnancy test (I made her buy the generic one).  What I found to be the most interesting part of the whole experience was the fact that directly across the aisle from the pregnancy tests are baby products.  Interesting product placement to say the least.



Seeing as we had a very early pick up the next morning, it ended up being an short evening.  Our flight home was full of course and the average age on the plane was about 90, but we did have a brush with fame at the end of the trip.  We had the honor of meeting Jerome L., a gospel singer from Phoenix.  A very animated and interesting fellow.  You can check out his music at http://qwestmusicentertainment.com and he has a new album coming out soon.


Amen.

No comments: