Sunday, September 9, 2007

Mid Life Crisis in El Paso

I had an El Paso layover last night. As we were checking in to the hotel, a group of girls walk by and they are all wearing UNF T-shirts. I was a little shocked because El Paso Texas is not the place I imagine to see the UNF Girls Soccer Team. I get all excited and tell them "Go Ospreys!" (our mascot) which catches them off guard. They asked me how I had heard of their tiny little state school and I told them I was an alumn. One girl in particular had a T-shirt from her 2007 Honors Orientation. I told her I had the same shirt from the 1994 Honors Orientation, to which she replied, "I was in kindergarden then..."

This will no doubt be the turning point in my life that I will remember as when I offically started getting old.

I called my friend Crystal today to tell her about it, and she remarked how it just feels like a couple of years ago, when in reality we started college 13 years ago.

It's all downhill from here... This incident gave me a whole new bunch of gray hairs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH GEEESH Ron it's not that bad....you can always color your hair you know. haha

Anonymous said...

Seriously. I had that moment. I realized- I got out of college 10 years ago. I got out of high school 13. I turn 31 in a month.

I'm ollllld.

Although, I've been coloring my hair for years, so at least I'm not going to find grey.