Thursday, September 6, 2007

My 31st year begins....


Last Monday, I started my 31st year of life. I really don't feel like I should be 31, but for some reason, I find myself getting older. I think I look the same, although the gray is more noticeable than it used to be, and my waistline is bigger than it used to be.

I spent Sunday night playing cards at my friend Vicki's place. A bunch of flight attendants got together and played a game called "99". It was loads of fun and I was hoarse from yelling so much. Each player put 20 bucks in the pot and the last player standing wins the whole amount. I was the first one out, but it was still fun. In the end, Frankie (Vicki's 84 year old mother) took home the pot.

We had cake for my birthday.... the beginning of a week of eating like crap.

Surprisingly, I had Labor Day (my actual birthday)off and spent the afternoon with my sister helping her buy a laptop and then we went over to my parents house for birthday dinner and the FSU/Clemson game. My mom and dad had some friends from the GTE days over also.

I ended up picking up a trip on Tuesday. There was a lady dropping it for 100 bucks, so I took it off her hands for a little extra cash and hours. I had three hours of sit time in St. Louis so my Aunt Carol came to the airport and visited with me on my layover. We played cards and she stopped at a deli on the way and brought us sandwiches.

Incidentally, my next door neighbor's sister was on the trip with me so it was nice to fly with someone I know. We layed over in McAllen, Texas, along the border with Mexico. It's a sleepy little town, but great food. We went to a great place called the Costa Mesa for dinner. I had Enchiladas Suizas and I ate my weight in chips and salsas. They had three different types of salsas and all were fantastic.

We got up this morning and flew back to Dallas and then on to Dayton, Ohio and back. We got held up with the rain this morning and sat on the runway in Dallas for about an hour due to ATC flow control problems. It was real light onboard so the passengers behaved, and we picked up an hour in extra time on the ground stoppage.

No comments: