Wednesday, April 18, 2012

In Search of a Better Burger

I was able to trade one of my Hawaii trips for a London trip this past week.  I was there the same time as my friend Kathy.  We've gone and hung out on previous trips.  The plan was to go to a place called The Dove in Hammersmith.  But I was on the late late trip and didn't get to the hotel until about 2pm so we got kind of a late start.  Being that we are both fans of the burger, we ended up at a London chain called Byron.  Last summer we found what we thought was the best burger in London, which I profiled in my Camden Town entry.  Well, Byron blew the Lockside Bar & Kitchen out of the water!


We started our night with a pre-burger meal at The Blackbird in Earl's Court.  I enjoyed a summer beer called Honey Dew.


Before heading to dinner, we checked out the local Boots for Remegel.  It's the best thing ever invented for heartburn and about two months ago they quit making it.  Our mutual friend Dr. Terry gobbles it down like candy, and I have probably bought him about 50 boxes or so over the last few years, but sadly, Remegel is not more. :(


Dinner was great.  Kathy wanted me to try the zucchini fries, but I have never really embraced the zucchini and opted for onion rings instead.  Our burgers were great, made even better with Perroni beer and Coleman's mustard.  It's spicy English mustard with horseradish!



The Byron Burger in Earl's Court was apparently rated the best Byron Burger in 2011.  They were the recipient of the Super Squirrel, being that they received the highest score on their reviews.  I give them snaps for creating this unique award, but it's still kind of freaky.


My friend Mary Beth was on the trip with me.  She's always fun to fly with.  Last summer her mom and daughter came along on our 4 day London trip.  We snapped this picture in the crew rest seat so we could post it on her daughter's wall to embarrass her since Olivia said we are "old".

No comments: