Sunday, August 19, 2007

Vancouver

I traded onto what was supposed to be an easy Vancouver trip. One leg up, decent overnight, three legs home. Thanks to weather at home, we were stuck on at the gate for an hour with the passengers. Lightening closed the ramp, so we couldn't go anywhere.

I was hoping to get in with enough time to go try out a local Irish pub called the "Foggy Bottom". No better way to end the day than with a wee pint. As it turns out, we arrived so late, we made the company required 8 hours behind the door rule, meaning we just made the 8 hour minimum for crew rest. And you know what they say..... Put down the bottle eight hours to throttle! That was the end of my Vancouver fun.

The one thing that always gets me is that when you arrive at YVR, you always walk underneath this huge eskimo bird that looks like it is ready to swoop down and eat you. Now that I am on the look out for good blog material, I carry the digital camera so I snapped a photo.


The highlight of the next morning was the catering mistake that resulted in us getting Delta Air Lines ice and soda (see #5 and #32 from the 8/8/07 posting... "You know you're Cabin Crew if..."


So Vancouver was kind of a bust. The temps were nice though. I enjoyed getting out of the heat for a while. Tomorrow I am off on a three day to Monterrey, Mexico and Washington DC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey.....So exactly what day were you in Vancouver. Mike was there Aug.14 & 15 and of course I'm just sitting in Florida as usual reading everyone's blogs.