Friday, March 16, 2012

More Tokyo

My last trip of the month took me back to Japan.  It's a trip I might do two or three times a year, so to do it twice in a month was a nice treat.  I wasn't with my friend Gail this trip, but I overlapped by three hours with my friend Sandy, Gail's buddy bidder.  Sandy was heading home a few hours after I arrived, so I visited with her and had a beer while she was getting ready to fly home.


I ended up eating at the crew cafeteria that evening and chatting with one of my co-workers who was new to the base.  It's always nice to make a new friend.  It was too cold to go into town and it was snowing, so it wasn't really something I wanted to get out and walk around in.

This was my first time flying position 5 on Tokyo, which is the First Class galley position.  I had done it to Europe, but never to Japan.  As you can see from my carts, I did a fantastic job!



I love love love flying with the gal on the left, Mary Clair.  She is originally from Barbados, which is one of my favorite layovers!  She has designated me an honorary Bajun (natives of Barbados).  She's very laid back and has a great sense of humor!


We had an extra Japanese meal left over, so I nabbed it for myself (the perks of being the cook I guess).  The main dish was Teriyaki Cod and Tamago (sweetened egg).  I don't know what half the stuff was, but it was good!


No comments: