Friday, March 16, 2012

The Randomness of March

For being so depressed about the sorry state of work at my airline with our restructuring, I actually have a fantastic schedule for the month.  I held a Honolulu replacement schedule, and was able to trade around the days off that I needed.  For the beginning of the month I plotted myself a Santiago and a Frankfurt to fill up my schedule and then picked up another Santiago layover and a Madrid.

The second Santiago trip was fun because we are back to having 35 hour layovers instead of 10 hour day layovers where we do nothing but sleep at the hotel.  I was happy to be flying with my good Democrat friend Beth.  She is always a blast to hang out with.  I flew the four day Madrid trip with her in November and we did a day trip to Avila.


I didn't take my camera with me when we went to dinner the first night, but we had a nice First Officer named Pat who took us around downtown and showed us the fun places to hang out.  We ended up over doing it a bit, but still had fun.  I think we finally called it a night at 3 a.m. and I remember speaking Spanish with a group of Colombian insurance salesmen who were staying at our hotel for a conference.

The next day we went and walked around in the hot Santiago sun (temps were in the 90's) and when you aren't feeling 100%, it really zaps you.  We enjoyed a nice greasy lunch at a place called Schoppdog and then as we were making out way back to the hotel we passed a random Chilean woman dancing with a wine bottle and flag balanced on her head.


My next random photo was the following weekend at the drug store in Mainz, Germany.  I was looking for some Kinder chocolates for my mom called Hungry Hippos and right next to the candy were some rather vivid condom packages.  Apparently flavored Billy Boys are all the rage and not cheap either, at €10 (that's like $20 bucks!).  I guess the flavoring makes them more expensive.


And my third random shot of the month was my crazy co-worker who went thru someone's trash piled outside their flat as we walked back to our hotel in Mainz and rescued an old wooden sled.  She hauled that thing 5,000 miles back to Dallas!

1 comment:

Sharon Johnson said...

Nice find but she's gonna have to haul it back to Germany if she wants to ride the thing.